Monday, July 11, 2005

Back in the US

I've been home for about a week now and although I am very happy to be with family, I miss Quito a lot. I always think about the different things I was able to see and do in the hospitals and clinics. Everything was beyond my expectations. The day before I left, I hung out with Julie and Rachel and walked around the city one last time. That night, there was a small earthquake...nothing serious, but Francia was so scared. We ate dinner and I packed all my stuff. She gave all of us a small gift...mine was a clay frame with an Ecuadorian woman on it. I woke up at 4:30 on Saturday...ate my last jamon con queso and left for the airport after a tearful goodbye. The plane ride was fine...I missed my connecting flight because I had to re-check my bags after arriving in Miami. I got home around 12 at night. But I was so happy to see MC-JA and Anoop and Anju!

I loved this trip and I will remember everything I have learned from issues in community health to the methods of the hospital staff to the needs of the patients. I have been humbled and reminded of my blessings.

Chao Ecuador!! =o)

Until next time folks...I'm out.
Hasta,
-gina-

No comments: