Note: The guys here in the internet cafe are trying to fix one of the computers and I just want to tell them to call Aimee so she can help. Diga ´hola!´if your computer has been touched by the hands of Aimee...teehee! =)
-Ok...let´s see...first things first...I was very happy to see all the Kuttons pics...so awesome. JAI KUTTONS! =) (If you don´t know what it is...ask...and you shall know)
-They are playing Spice Girls in this internet cafe...zigga zig ah!
-Praise the Lord for internet.
-Now onto the day...
Today I worked at Hospital Militar. I was with Dr. Gustavo Cifuentes who is an anesthesiologist. The reason why it was so great is because the surgeries you see are so vast. I first sat in on a plastic surgery (pretty basic) where a woma´n could not stretch her thumb (it was in a bent position) because her tendon was too short. So they basically cut the tendon then added a piece of plastic to make the tendon longer. Muy cheverre. The second surgery was on a man´s nose...I´m sad to say I don´t know what it was called but I´ll ask the doc tomorrow and get back to you. Basically...there was an obstruction in his nose by the bone...and they had to crack his nose...ouch. I didn´t get to see all of it because we´re only allowed to work four hours a day. But that´s ok...I really liked talking to the anesthesiologist because he answered all of my questions (no matter how weird they sounded). He has also been to Baltimore!! How random is that? He likes the inner harbor and aquarium...he came to Maryland because he has a friend at Shady Grove Hospital.
We also had Spanish class today and we have a different teacher. He likes conversation. So we talked straight for 2 hours...yikes...about me, working in the clinics, culture, politics....it was awesome. My spanish is getting a lot more understandable...one of the other anesthesiologists asked me to translate something that she heard. YAY! =)
Not much else to report...I thought I was going to get sick yesterday (as in diarrhea...sorry for those folks who didn´t want to know that but if you´re reading this...then...I LOVE YOU...haha!) but I felt a lot better this morning. I think I´m going to go back home and do some journaling and studying after dinner. A lot of people are going to this place called Baños this weekend and I´m not sure if I´ll go because I feel like spending my weekend in Quito...we´ll see.
In other news:
-In Ecuador, they call Diet Coke...Coca-Cola Light.
-I love public transportation...only 25 cents!
-I am craving chicken curry.
-They played Van Morrison during the surgery...I chuckled.
-Shoutout to MC-JA, KUTTONS, RDJ-JA, the MGOCSM, and UMBC folks!!!
-Not much news to report today.
-I love everyone...that is all. =)
Chao mis amores!
-gina-
4 comments:
HOLA! (b/c my laptop has been touched by aimee's hands)!
Dear Loving Gina,
Everyday I look forward to reading the journal or talking to you after 8pm. It is always nice to read your journal and hear your voice like I am talking to you from UMBC. You are in Ecuador for a purpose - this is a once in a life time opportunity. Learn what you can, which you seem to be doing already. Be nice, kind and humble always.
Mummy called that achen and kochamma in Florida to thank them for taking care of my baby. Kochamma aunty said that Gina was an inspiration for her daughter, the parents and children in church. Mummy found out that Kochamma aunty is related to the aunty who brought me for nursing in Bombay. They are cousins. Kochamma aunty is from mummy's hometown. She was so happy.
Then a few days later achen called home and talked to chacha. I think chacha was very happy to hear all the good things about his girls.
Somini saved some chocolate for you in the refrigerator. She was really in charge and did a lot of work-Breakfast on Saturday, pancake, muffin, bacon, sausage, fruits, cake, dip for the chips, puff pastries and more.
Salinchachan and Asha Chechi had a big Barbecue - steaks, chicken, hamburger, hotdogs, salads ...
We also had classes by Somini, Aimee, Asha and Sojini. Then we played cards. Jeffrey, Graceyammama, Sojin all had VALA in their ears hanging LOL. You know how we play the game. when you lose you have to wear vala in your ear, nose eyeglasses - remember?
Anyway we have a new tv in the basement. not working yet, we need the cable connected. Comcast will come on the 16th.
we love you. I misss you!
mummy
hmmmm what to say to Hi-NA....hmmm...what is van morrison you speak of? Why don't they play Asha Bosle? HAve you spread the word of the MGOCSM? you can do it!
UMMA! miss you...sorry i haven't e-mailed been a little insane. Love ya!
jamie
Hi Mummy!
YAY! I got a message from Mummy...I am being very good here. =) I love you!!!
gina
PS...Hi Chacha!
Hi Jamie!
Hollllaaa!
gina
PS...Hi Aimee!
Hi Anoop!
YAY! Un mensaje del jefe de Balt/DC! =)
gina
Post a Comment