Sunday, June 05, 2005

¡Estoy en Ecuador!

Ok
I just wrote a post.
It got deleted.
Sigh.
BUT
Estoy en ecuador! My flight was delayed by two hours so we came in LATE last night and my host family picked me up. I along with two other girls are living with Francia Ducos...she´s an Ammachi and she is FABULOUS! We ate jabon con queso sandwiches and drank juice made from tomato de arboles. It´s this fruit here that is good for your cholesterol. The other two girls in the house are really nice...both med students. We met up with some other people in the program and today we have orientation at 3pm. Now I am in an Internet cafe and it´s very cheap to use the internet.

I miss everyone though...a lot. It hit me last night when we arrived in Quito, Ecuador. But I´m holding my own and keeping the Malayalee Orthodox character in me. It was funny because I met two missionary groups on the way to Ecuador...one Baptist and one Presbyterian. It was sorta funny b-c the Baptist group gave me a ´Jesus´ bracelet. =P Getting through customs was easy and my equipaje wasn´t lost!

It´s weird though because now mis pensamientos son en espanol (my thoughts are in spanish). And being immersed in the culture forces you do speak so you can hold your own and get through the day! I like it. Ecuador is like India but the people are speaking spanish.

Ok...I´m off...God is with me and I can feel everyone´s prayers! I miss you MC-JA and all my church family and friends.
Chao mis amores!
-gina-

PS. If we didn´t take chances because we were afraid...then where would we be in life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring me back some of them fruit!

~gina~ said...

umm...no puedo traer frutas porque tendras diarhea si comerlas! =O
perooo...yo traere picturas de la fruta! =)
adios!
gina

Jamie J said...

i think...heheh i hpoe i get this write gina said: I can't take fruits b/c i'll have diarhea!BUTTT i will take pictures of the fruit... ooo i hope i was right...i tried to get the "perooo" just right with the number of T's hahahah!