So this post will be quick because I have Spanish class at 3:00 and it takes me 10 minutes to walk back. When I came home on Monday night, Francia (my ammachi) looked really sad. That night, there was a huge earthquake in the north of Chile...her hometown. During the night (in Ecuador), we felt the after shocks around 1 AM which was pretty interesting because it wasn´t expected. It woke us up but I think I was too tired to realize anything...it stopped after 2 or 3 minutes...I´m happy it wasn´t even more serious.
So this week as I said before, I am at the Military Hospital. Yesterday I watched a heart surgery where this young lady (28 years) had a ´valve´ in her aorta that was connected to her pulmonary artery...the doctor had to close off the valve to prevent the mixing of deoxy and oxy blood. It was interesting because I thought that valve was closed off after you are born...but in this case no. And I was more surprised that she was having it done so late in life...amazing. Today we saw the same surgery but on a 11 year old boy and we saw a gall bladder removed. The doctors are all very nice and really like students watching the surgeries. I think they also like us because they can practice their English...=)
Tonight we are going to the Ballet Andino...much like a folkloric story...it should be nice.
In other news...
-Our next door neighbor has a parrot and it says ´Hola´...it´s pretty entertaining.
-Shoutout to...Mummy, Chacha, Jamie, Aimee, Yogi, Anoop and Beven...because they left comments! =)
-There is a LOT of smog/pollution here in Ecuador.
-I am an expert at the Bus/Trolle system.
-Whenever I tell people I am from Baltimore, MD...they look at me blankly...so I add that it is near Washington DC and they suddenly get excited. =P
-During surgery today, the doctor today played every single Bryan Adams song ever...and he sang with it too.
-My lunch cost $1.30 today...awesome.
-My family is awesome.
-I have made taking cold showers an art...lather and rinse...out in 5 minutes.
-Yup...that´s about it. =)
Chao chao!
-gina-
1 comment:
I have been without internet for a night and i couldn't read this post till now. Mummy told me about the earthquake. WOW you can say you almost slept through aftershocks. I mean i know you like sleep but come on hahahaha. Anyhoo i just have to say i hope next time you sing along with the doctor to the bryan adams songs, it'll make him and the patient happy. :-)
-jamie UMMA!
Post a Comment