´I just can´t give up now
Come to far from where I´ve started from
Nobody told me the road would be easy
But I don´t believe He´s brought me this far to leave me.´
-Mary Mary
One more week left folks...it´s bittersweet. I am going to be very sad leaving the clinics/hospitals and my host family. I am definitely a more humble person. Being put in a foreign country where the primary language is NOT your own can do that to a person. At the same time, experiencing a life where people are not handed the same opportunities and rights that you have had since birth can also do that to a person. I have seen so much and done so much that I am SO THANKFUL for the Lord´s blessings.
I am also excited to see everyone when I come home! I have lots to do when I come back to the US and I am ready to take on the new challenges that I will face. =)
Done my rotation at Hospital Eugenio Espejo´s ER and it was very awesome. We took pics with Dr. Vaca and I took a picture of the front of the ER. Tomorrow I am going to this place called Mindo with two other girls in the program and we´ll come back on Sunday. It´s known for its beautiful scenery so it´ll be nice to relax. They have an orchid farm with 200 varieties of orchids so I plan to go there on behalf of Mummy and Ponamma Aunty. =)
In other news:
-I love my family.
-People in Quito are known to add ´-ito or -ita´to the end of words. It´s basically a form of endearment. Ex. hijita (daughter), cucharita (tiny spoon), pobrecito (poor little one)
-My last rotation is at the Maternity Hospital...watching lots of babies being born.
-Americans are often called ´gringos´by Ecuadorians...it literally means ´Yankee.´ Interesting...
-3 weeks has gone by very very very fast.
-Buena Suerte Ruby on your exam!! Buena Suerte Jeff and MTC-Bmore in the tournament!!
Chao folks!
-gina-
2 comments:
cucharita (tiny spoon)?!?!! why are you endeared to a spoon? is it your favorite spoon?
Be excited because when we go see Jamie we're going to spend the day at the batting cages!!! YAY!!!! :)
hehe
luv ya
aj
A CUCHARITA is a utensil that is used to eat FOOD! of course you are endeared to your utensils. DUH! we are Kuttons, we love food silly. :-) Good luck gina, aimee is hooked on the batting cages.
umma jamie
Post a Comment