Tuesday, June 21, 2005

La da dee la dee da

Last night after coming home, I took a quick nap (siesta) and then did some Spanish exercises and read my Spanish book for 9 year olds. My goal for these last two weeks is to learn as much vocabulary as I can. I know a lot of medical vocab now...and here are some other random words/phrases I recently learned:
-rezar: to pray
-tronar: to thunder
-poner en orden: to straighten up
I know they seem random but those are the kinds of words I need to know...I want my vocabulary to be vast. =)
Went to the ER again today for work and this time, we were in the trauma unit. It was a long morning but we were able to observe a lot...it gets more and more interesting every day. I would write more about it...but I think the food has started to hit me =( so let´s just cross our fingers because I don´t want to take Cipro.

With that being said...I am off...tata faithful readers!

-gina-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

¿GINA cómo es usted?? ¿Cómo es el tiempo? ¿Cómo es el alimento? ¿Cómo es la gente? ¿Cómo son los baños? ¡se parece como usted está teniendo una gran experiencia en Equador! Sé que este español no está correcto, pero usted puede entenderlo y corregirme más adelante. Espero todo esté entrando bien en Equador y eso que usted está aprendiendo que mucho y ése usted está teniendo un gran rato. Esta semana es nuestros torneos del baloncesto en NJ. Esperamos jugar bien y representar. Alguien en el tablero del mensaje tenía esto a decir sobre nuestro equipo, "Yo, baltimore is a true underdog team with some spirit. Those dogz got like only the minimal to play. I don't know how they'll do. But MORE PROPS to them for coming up and representin' against the big dogz with like 20 people on their team. All ya'll stop whinin' and just play some ball!!!!" Como usted puede decir nos excitan sobre este los torneos. También el examen del Ruby es su semana. Ella hará muy bien en él porque ella ha estudiado tanto y cada una está rogando para ella. Me disculpo que este mensaje era tan largo. ¡Tome el cuidado y tenga un gran día!!

Jeff T :->

Jamie J said...

umm jeff i can't read what you wrote...no fair....TRANSLATE!!!
love you all, jamie

Jamie J said...

oh NO! i just realized that jeff and gina might start talking in spanish around Aimee, Ruby, Deby and I ....NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....okay done.

~gina~ said...

translation of jeff´s comment:

GINA how are you?? how is the weather? how is the food? how are the people? how are the bathrooms? it seems that you are having a great experience in ecuador! i know that this spanish is not correct but you can understand it and correct me later. i hope all is well in ecuador and that you are learning a lot and that you are having a great time. this week is our bball tournament in NJ. i hope we play well and represent. someone in the bulletin board had this to say about our team, "Yo, baltimore is a true underdog team with some spirit. Those dogz got like only the minimal to play. I don't know how they'll do. But MORE PROPS to them for coming up and representin' against the big dogz with like 20 people on their team. All ya'll stop whinin' and just play some ball!!!!" ¨we are excited about this tournament. Also Ruby´s exam is this week. She will do very well on it because she has studied hard and everyone is praying for her. Sorry that this message is long. Take care and have a great day!

Jeff T :->

~gina~ said...

todos los personas pueden hablar espanol...al principio, pensaba que no pueda hablar porque mi vocabulario es pequeño...pero ahora, tengo mas confianza! =)