1. I´ve seen 4 births in the past two days. VERY exciting but at the same time very different than the US...
2. I went to the Museo de la ciudad today. It´s nice to know the history of the country you´re visiting. We saw an awesome exhibit by this artist named Jan Shreuder on the indigenous people of Ecuador. (I like art..) ´Ahora, hagalo con corazón´ -Jan Shreuder
3. The trolle wasn´t working so we had to walk from the hospital to a different stop. On our way, I was looking around and I saw a statue. I was thinking...that looks like Gandhi...so I went closer and helllloooo....JAI HIND! Ecuador has an area called Plaza de la Republica India with a statue of Gandhi and a lot of his quotes. It was very random...yet so cool. =)
4. I took another salsa class and it was awesome.
5. I am going to miss Quito.
6. Yesterday, we were with one of the interns as he was examining a patient. He asked us where we were from and so here´s the convo:
Dr. Espinosa: So where are you from?
Julie: Chicago
Dr. Espinosa: Chick-a-go! Like the show ER!!!
Julie and me: Exactly...=)
Dr. Espinosa (to me): Where are you from?
Me: Baltimore, MD...my parents are from India.
Dr. Espinosa: Ohhh! Like NEELA on ER!!!
Me: Exactly...=P
With the Chief of OB/GYN....that's me...on the far right. =o)
With the other CFHI Interns....I am GOLDEN! That sun got me good...=oP
Plaza Republica de la India!!!
Standing with Gandhi. =o)So usually when you walk around the city, you hold your bookbag in the front as a protective measure...from thiefs, pick-pockets, etc. I just forgot to put it down before taking the photo...=P
I´m off! See you in 3 days!
-gina-

4 comments:
thank you for posting...my day is complete....but that aimee girl hasn't posted...hmm
Mummy loves your convo format. pretty funny.
mummy
funny, when i read that it sounded like CHACHA :-) hahaha
What the?!?! I get called out from Gina's blog. :p That ain't motivating. My blog is on hiatus till i finish the thesis unless hit w/inspiration or request.
Post a Comment